Clearly I’m a glutton for punishment.
Today I decided that I can’t have enough and it was time to upgrade my distro so I can play with newer things (and also because google was nagging me to use an updated browser).
I did a
dist-upgrade and that not only completed without a hitch but I also had a bit more of free space afterwards. Previously I hammered the thing and then just gave up all hope.
I’m starting to like this new future were things work like they should.
Now that I jinxed it I went full steam with a
do-release-upgrade. It is downloading 3277 files at the blazing speed of 20 kB/s.
Let’s see if I still have a working machine by monday.