– Use a standard protocol. We chose Firmata.
– Play with nice things. We used Ionic, Apache Cordoba and the wonderful BluetoothSerial plugin.
– Remember to either modify the Firmata firmware to use the default 9600 bps speed of our HC06 adapter or change it to work at 57600.
– Browserify a Node implementation of the protocol and make a port-like object so it talks over Bluetooth.
– The bluetooth plugin doesn’t like to work with binary data so we improve it.
After writing some glue code you end up with a nice and working control panel. I only got the working part but there are a ton of cool reusable widgets out there (like NexusUI or KievII)